Flaring of associated gas from oil wells and excess gas from gas processing facilities and oil refineries is a key and most critical sources of greenhouse gas emissions to the atmosphere. Besides environmental damages, burning flare gases having high heating value results in considerable economic losses.
Flare Gas to Power Concept
Installations of power generation units running on associated gas are.
The common solution power supply in remote areas is by using diesel gensets. Due to rapidly rising oil and consequently diesel fuel prices, this solution has become increasingly uneconomical. Furthermore, the supply of diesel fuel and the necessary storage also are becoming more expensive. The composition of associated petroleum gas is often well suited for the combustion in gas engines. The gas engines are normally installed in containerized units with all peripheral systems (ventilation, silencers, cooling, control room) installed inside or on the roof. Depending on local demands, the waste heat from the engines can also be used for heating or cooling purposes on site to maximize the efficiency.
- Use of waste by-product of the crude oil production process instead of diesel fuel to avoid costs for fuel transport, storage and usage.
- Independent, on-site power supply
- High profitability with overall efficiency of up to 44% in the case of power generation only.
- Smooth operation despite fluctuations in composition and impurities (within given limits) in the flare gas
- Minimizing NOx emissions by avoiding the liberation of methane into the atmosphere, which has 21 times the global warming potential of CO2
- Maximum availability and reliability despite high or low ambient temperatures.
- Small footprint due to compact design
- Turn-key container solutions allow for fast installation and ease of operation (Plug & Play)
TCS Core Capabilities:
- Provision of Turnkey Gas Genset electric power solution (250 kW to 10 MW).
- Design, Sizing, Packaging, Supply, installation & commissioning.
- Operations and Maintenance Contracts.
- Full after-market services for gas engines & generators.